Mascots around the world are becoming a cocky bunch. Admittedly, STT has been championing their cause recently, with lots of profiles and kind words. This doesn't change the fact that there are plenty of men in fluffy suits out there (and I'm not talking about furries) that are messing about and taking liberties. Some sordid recent examples include:
- Hang'us the Monkey 'tree-ing' a female steward. Nice one!
- Oldham's Chaddy the Owl admitting to taking a cocktail of substances, including steroids and HGH, in order to win the Mascot Derbies in 2002 and 2003.
- Robby the Bobby revealing his behind, in a thinly veiled attempt to attract Joey Barton to Gigg Lane.
- Cyril the Swan getting caught smoking crack in the back of a taxi.
- Chip, the Buffalo-shaped University of Colorado's mascot getting a dressing down for dressing too gangsta. Seriously.
- Gunnersaurus Rex's general attitude.
WARNING - Video contains Belgians!
STT wouldn't want to mess with Steely McBeam, though. He and Jean-Claude might get on a bit too well........